Saturday 29 October 2011

My Christmas inspirations







For the last hour, I have had 6 kids in my home, and I have hardly seen or heard them. Amazing.

I am in my kitchen, listening to Christmas tunes and baking.


Thinking about the Christ, and Christmas and the glory of the season. The song playing that has made me think the most is actually not a Christmas song, but somehow made it onto my Christmas playlist. The song is, "Let Me Rediscover You," by Down Here.


 I love that band, and somehow this non-Christmas song, makes me think about something I love about Christmas. We get to be excited about Jesus again. It'politically correct to talk about Christ and we are all awaiting a celebration of the Saviour born in the manger. It is such a magical season, filled with wonder and twinkling lights----and I love that I get to know HIM all over again.

Another great Christmas song by Down Here is," How Many Kings?"



 And amisdt this I am dreaming of Christmas crafts I can't wait to get my hands onto.

If you are on my Christmas list, I hope that I do not share anything that spoils Christmas for you. I love making special things for special people for Christmas. I mean, I LOVE IT!!! I don't know if the people I give them to love that I make them stuff, but I sure love making stuff for people. In fact I have several projects completed already that fill me with joy and excitement. It is a time of year that I try new things and experiment. A couple years ago I used my cricut to make 16x16 tiles with verses or sayings on them. I have made scarves. I have made scrapbook type things. Last year we made deer jerky and smoked salmon for the men in the family. I made cowl neck scarves and touqes (even a couple mother daughter matching ones).

Last year with my husbands family we started doing home made stocking stuffers. We draw names, but give everyone a stocking stuffer too. Some of the home made stocking stuffers were bookmarks, CD's, time spent coupons, paintings!!!, meals in a jar, and calendars. I love it!

This is a selection of some of the ideas and crafts that I have been looking at. May you be inspired, as I have been !

This awesome leather cuff idea  
Leather Bow Cuff
came from my friend Amy (it isn't her tutorial, but she shared it with me) over at Polkadot Pear.. She has so many ideas that I want to try. I did make the Sewn Paper Book Cover that she has a tutorial for too.  Amazing. So fun, easy and inexpensive!!

Pinned Image

I have been seeing these Christmas subway style art pieces all over pinterest and I am intrigued by the idea. Simple, beautiful, and everyone would love it (I think so anyways). 


Pinned Image

Pinned Image
Don't these slippers make you happy. I have never made slippers, but I think I want to try! So darned cute!!

Pinned Image

Another thing I am thinking about- it's been years since I made an afgan.

Pinned Image

I may have already attempted some candle making this fall- thanks to a friend giving me all her supplies. These are not mine, but I did really enjoy making some.

At Home Bath Bombs
These are another thing I got to play with this fall- home made bath bombs- again thanks to a friend giving me her supplies :) Mine are pink, but awesome all the same!

rolled cloth flowers
Tutorial: Rolled flowers
Rolled flower headband

These rolled flowers are soooooo cute and incredibly easy too... I have so many dreams of what I can do with these beauties!
fabric scrap tutu

scrap fabric tutu

Fabric Scrap Tutu

Honestly- aren't these the cutest things you've ever set eyes on! My heart is giddy when I look these amazing scrap fabric tutus!! Gush.

I think that's all, well there is more but that's all I want to show you tonight. Happy Christmas Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Those craft ideas are so amazing and inspiring!!! I can see you doing all of them and doing them so well!!! Have fun! Diana D

    ReplyDelete