Thursday 10 November 2011

always changing

Life never stands still.

I don't mean the chaos that I live in with 3 busy boys...

I mean the ebbs and flows, the changes and challenges, the seasons, the hills and valleys. Like the ocean, life never stands still.

Pinned Image


I noticed this most clearly when I had my first child. Just when we got used to whatever stage he was in, he would change. We would just get him used to sleeping in his bed, and then we'd go away only to endure weeks of unsettled sleep afterwards. We would reach that comfortable place with friends and then they'd move.  And then there are the big hurdles, a new job, a move, another baby. I am talking about my life.

It never stays the same. I always say we need a better routine, but when I get one established, something changes and we loose what we had gained.

I have recieved news from a few friends who are pregnant- first babies, second babies, third babies, and fourth babies. Evidence of the reality that life never stays the same.

But there is one thing in our life, amidst all the highs and lows, that does not change.

GOD IS MY SOLID ROCK


The Great I AM
 It is HE who is the begining and the end, I AM, the rock on which we stand. HE is solid, true, eternal. HE is the arms that hold us when we can not go further. HE is the one who rejoices with us louder than all others. It is HE who knows that we can do this. We can do this. Even if the day brings another baby teething, potty training, a reluctant reader, financial strain, marriage difficulties- He is cheering us on and LOVES us.


the great I AM.
Somedays, I forget. Somedays when things get hard I forget to turn to the arms that are waiting for me. I turn to chocolate, friends, husband or escaping through a novel. But all the while He has been sitting there waiting for me to pour out my heart. He knows it all, but He still wants us to share it. He is my bestest best friend, and often when things change, I forget Him.



But when I do remember that amidst any and every storm He is holding me, there is an amazing peace that comes to me. There is the realization that He knows what's happening, and HE cares. Doesn't matter what IT is, HE cares.  That is huge. Doesn't matter if I haven't talked to Him in weeks... He cares, His love overflows.


On Christ the solid Rock I stand...

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful and so TRUE! Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete