Tuesday 21 June 2011

All things new!

I mentioned that I am trying to repurpose and recreate things from old. I did dye some clothing. And for the most part that worked good. But I am LOVING (and I mean LOVING!) remaking some old jewelry. I borrowed hubbies tools and got to work, with a $4.50 pack of jewelry supplies. I have no idea what I am doing, but it's been so fun. Everything is really basic, but I am not fancy so it works for me. So for $4.50 I have a whole new jewelry wardrobe.



An old necklace that had broken, remade into a pair of earings and bracelet

This bracelet I got in Hawaii, it broke, and so my sis in law added some smaller beads, and I used the left over big ones to make earings

This was a necklace I got a year ago at the local thrift store for $1. I loved the beads but it was always too long. I have never worn it. So I shortened it, used some of the bead in the bracelet above, and made earrings too.

Another old necklace that I never wore. Took it apart, made a pair of earrings, bracelet and pendant for my sis in law and myself. This is maybe my favorite.


I am also very pleased with this. My cousin Amanda gave this necklace to me for my 30 th birthday. It had two strands of recycled glass beads- made in Ghana by women.  My cousin is an amazing person and this necklace is a real treasure- but it was too long and too heavy to wear. So I took it apart and made it a little more me. I had beads left over so I made a bracelet. Fun! And its totally unique.

Another cheap necklace that was too long so  I took it apart, shortened it and made earrings from the leftovers.


Worth more than the money I spent to make these pieces is the experience I have been having with recreating and repurposing old things. I am really energized by this experiement and challenge.  


If you are enjoying reading my blogs, you could a) commentt so that I know who is reading and what it is you like or b) become a follower! I'd really like to know who is reading

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing, I can't wait to tackle my jewelry drawer and see what I can re-purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have awesome talent, patience and creativity ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete