Wednesday 22 June 2011

just like dad



I just watched my 5 year old son running.

To the end of the lane way and back 6 times. I have no idea what distance this is.  He even stretched to start and did some cool down stretches at the end.

He is training actually. For a 1 km run that our city is hosting for children in a month.

He wants to be just like his dad.

He wants to train, run and race.

He wants to make us proud.

In his head he is an amazing track star.

It was so cute watching him. So serious, so focused, working so hard.

But he is more than cute.


<><><> 
this was taken a year ago at a 1 km race- prouder than proud!


He even had a running birthday party last year :)
"Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receice the price for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven." Philippians 3:13-14
 He made me think about how much my children want to be like their earthly dad. He is definatley a man whom I would like my children to grow up and be like one day. It makes me happy to see my kids want to be like him. They have observed their dad through the years as the man of character and strength that he is. Fun, funny, respectful, prayerful, devoted, honest, hard working ...and the list goes on.

It made me hope that my kids also see their heavenly Father that clearly in our lives and those around them and that they will be emulating Him too.

It made me wonder if they see Him in us, and if what they see makes them want to know Him too. Is what they see something they want to live one day too?

Are we doing a good job of teaching them who their heavenly Father is so that they can model their lives after Him?




If you are reading my blog and enjoying it, you could a) comment on a specific post to let me know that you are reading and what it is that you like or b) become a follower of the blog so that I know you are reading. I would really like to know who it is that is reading :)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. It doesn't feel like we live so far apart when I can get a glimpse of your everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 41 blogs and it feels like you just started. Will never get tired of your inspirations and Christ centred heart / life :)

    ReplyDelete