Thursday 23 June 2011

new simple pleasures




Ok, today I did 3 things I have never done before. Three things I was inspired by other bloggers to do.

From Tiny Reader blog
First, I let my kids experiment with ice cubes and markers. This was Science! We put ice into dishes and I let them color ice cubes, watch the melting and resulting mixing of colors. We then put some ice onto the table to watch it melt faster apart from its friends. We put some outside too. We mixed everyones colors together in a big jar to see the results (brown!) and then we saw how the markers were a little worn out from all this work...


Secondly, I made an avocado smoothie for lunch. Simple yet amazing taste. It doesn't sound amazing, and if you tell your kids what it is, they may not like it. But mine (mostly) drank theirs down.
from lovingthemommyhood blog




Third and most amazingly, I did a completely natural home facial while cleaning up the kitchen from lunch. It was fun for me and funny for the kids to watch me to emerge with different things smeared on my face. I am super duper impressed.  I didn't finish mine with the honey moisturizer that is suggested, I decided to do an avocado mask instead. WOW!
from sonneblomstudio blog


Three things that we did that was not blogger inspired was

1) sat on the deck and read 5 chapters of our novel because we wanted to finish it (kids played with kitties etc, while I read)





2) rode to grandma's house and back (about 5 km) in less than an hour- short visit included




my baby fell asleep
 3) had fresh apple cinnamon bread for breakfast (breadmaker is amazing!) with fresh cut flowers from our flower beds




And all of this before 1 pm! What will the rest of the day bring ?


If you are reading my blog and enjoying it, you could a) comment on a specific post to let me know that you are reading and what it is that you like or b) become a follower of the blog so that I know you are reading. I would really like to know who it is that is reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment