Friday 14 October 2011

He meets you where you are at

God is faithful

Pinned Image



The last several months I have been dreaming and praying.

Thinking about  what it is He has in store for a "Mom's Group" in our church.

I thought this was what He was asking me to do.

And then there were several bumps on the way.

I questioned what He wanted and what He was asking me to do.

And then...

I was writing my testamony to share with the ladies that were meeting Wednesday (yesterday) and it was like He gently led me. It was quiet and I didn't even know it was Him until later. He brought thoughts and ideas to my mind and helped the pieces fall into place in a way that only He can. And then as I was sharing with the group, they said... "That's exactly what we were just talking about" and "That's just what we needed!" And then they took my ideas and expanded on it. They were excited about what God was leading me to do in leading them. It was so simple that it didn't hit me. But it was Him all along.


Faithful

Part of what I was talking to the ladies about is that when I was younger, my relationship with the Lord seemed so much more vibrant and powerful. I spend so much more time with Him, and I was closer to Him  then.  And that I had almost settled on the idea that that was the way it was going to be. I would always look back at that time in my life as "the time God was real to me." And then it was like God heard me and got mad, pushing me to be unhappy with that statement and pushing me to want more for my relationship with Him NOW. Why shouldn't I be expecting Him to be powerful and active in my life now? Why shouldn't I expect more from Him? I should long for that closeness to Him again!!
So I challenged myself (and them) to be reading His Word everyday, and to be recording what we are reading and learning from what we've read. And then one of them challenged us to wake up before our children regularily to do so. And then they were asking about Bible reading plans. This is excellent. This is God meeting us all where we are. He aligned it so that we were all hungry for the same thing at the same time. Awesome.




Pinned Image

And then this morning a funny thing happened. I haven't set my alarm for all of harvest. So at bed lastnight I had to fiddle with my alarm clock to set it for this morning. I actually woke up at 5:58 am - 2 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. I snuck out to the kitchen to turn on the coffee maker (wondering why it wasn't starting on its own, since I set it to go off at 6 every morning). I get my Bible, journal and pen and sit down at the table. I am excited to meet with God. Then I notice that the clock says 5:02. So does my phone, and the clock in the living room. It's only 5 am! Somehow I must have messed up my clock when I set the alarm last night!!! But I perservered and started ahead anyways- the coffee was nearly ready and I was excited. I was about 10 minutes into my time with God... and my son wakes up. Now if I had been actually sleeping and he woke me, I would have been very grumpy, but it wasn't so bad since I was already awake. We dealt with him off and on until 6. And in between visits to him, I was actually able to get a really good study of a couple chapters in. It was awesome. God met me- even in the interuptions and craziness... He was there!  And then I went to snuggle my boy, in an attempt to get him to go back to sleep. It was really nice. And then another kid gets up to go potty. After all this, I very firmly tell them both to go back to bed- until 7 am which is the rule in our house, which they actually did. And I had another hour to myself. Wow... it was bliss. It was awesome to spend time with Him. And awesome to have time afterwards to get my day organized. Awesome to be awake before the kids woke up, and not groggy and grumpy in starting our day together.


He is wating on you...



1 comment:

  1. I commented to P how lovely her baby blanket was. She said she made it ... and asked what I do in my spare time. I replied I have none. If I had anything to give, I owe it to seeking Christ through his word ..... because I fail miserably at it, and can't find my way .......
    And so God's work began, I didn't even know that morning .....
    Thanks Melissa !!

    ReplyDelete