Wednesday 21 September 2011

pumpkin spice latte?



So I've been reading around the blog world about making your own pumpkin spice lattes at home.



I am willing to give anything a shot so off I trotted to the store and bought myself some pumpkin pie filling to experiment with.

I am also one who doesn't follow recipes very well, so I read half a dozen different recipes and then created my own from bits and pieces of what I had read.

I have one of those great tupperware shaker things



and into it I poured

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

about 1/2 C of pumpkin pie filling

2 tsp of vanilla

and I filled the rest of it with milk

Shake it all up and VOILA, ymmmmy pumpkin latte creamer.

I read a few recipes that added extra spices to it- nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cinnamon so I tried that too, but hated it, and ended up scraping the spices off the top to get rid of it.

One cup I had, I did about 3/4 coffee and 1/4 latte creamer and it was yummy. The next cup I used the latte creamer like I would normlly use creamer (a tablespoon or two) and it was also yummy.


These are my pumpkin spice latte cups... come on over  for a taste!

These are a couple of the recipes I read ....

 www.thekitchn.com

www.phamfatale.com

http://allrecipes.com

1 comment:

  1. You had me a pumpkin... if I knew how to get there, I'd be over in a jiffy! :)

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete