Saturday 24 September 2011

my weekend of wonder

Suprisingly, I've had a wonderful weekend. It is only Saturday evening and I am feeling blessed beyond measure. It feels like everytime I answer the phone its good news, and every text I am getting is an answer to prayers. There are many things to be looking forward to and plenty of rejoicing to do. And then there are the special suprises that I just didn't expect from this weekend in the middle of busy harvest. The things that God is doing for me just so that I can hear Him saying, "I love you."

A few of the wonders of my weekend are

- times with friends, slow and relaxed
- story times with the children
- super suprise of the hot air balloon landing in front of our house and the time we got to spend with the pilot afterwards


the balloon coming down-- the combine is just to the right of it




- the boys going for rides in the combine and grain truck--- a breather for mommy... especially when my 2 year old went for 2 hours!


walking across the field in front of our house to hop the fence and go with dad :) that is actually a swather and this picture was taken a couple weeks ago- but it is a cute picture so I included it
 - a special flight in a family friends flying machine- a parachute with a motor. My 4 year old even went up for a  ride
- getting to work in the garden and almost get all the potatos and carrots in
- watching the kids play in the sprinkler
- listening to music and dancing with the kids all through supper
- God providing...
- neighbors being wonderful and blessing us with food and gift certificates
- people rallying together to save a ministry
- listening to my 2 year old sing, "Thank you Lord!"
- anticipation for my ladies night out on Monday!!! looking forward to spending time with some amazing women!
- looking forward to the 'fall swap' and all the treasures to be found... and time to be spent with friends

And I have also been loving the family pics a friend did for us--I have been working with them to make our family Christmas cards. My friend Rochelle did such a truly amazing job of capturing our family (even though it was the first time she's met my kids) and our home in a way that just makes me smile. Here is a sneak peak...





I echo my 2 year olds words today... "Thank you Lord!"

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear your good news! God truly is so wonderful in the way He provides for us through unexpected means. Hope your Sunday is just as good! Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete