Friday 30 September 2011

Musical inspiration for those long days/ weeks/months!

Yes, it's harvest. And as I have previously stated, I have a love/hate relationship with this season.

I am exhausted. I am worn out and fighting a cold. The novelty of harvest has worn off for all of us... the kids miss dad and I see it in their behaviors. They are tired of me... tired of hearing my voice and playing the way I play. They are fighting with eachother and are testy. I think that at least one of them is fighting some sort of illness- but nothing has broken through yet.
Oh and did I mention that every year one of my children decides that this is the season when they should rise ridiculously early. This year it is Levi who has decided that 5:30- 5:45 am is a good time to be awake for the day! I am tired.

Pinned Image




Music speaks to me and often lifts me up out of the dumps when I am grumpy. This harvest season, the CD that has been most inspirational to me is, "On the Altar of Love" by Down Here.  Down Here is a band that I have loved since I was 19 and feel like I've grown up with them. We had their very first demo album from when they were still students at Briercrest and we have every album since. My husband even sang "Calmer of the Storm" to me (along with 3 other guys, singing to 3 other girls) about a year before we started dating. We were given this new CD for our birthdays from a couple really good friends who happen to be family (love you guys!) and this CD has spoken to me through this very dry and difficult season.

Check out these 2 songs which have carried me through this past month. "Living the Dream," and "Rest."




Pinned Image

1 comment:

  1. I pray God refreshes you with His amazing rest and love :) I really like the new banner - such a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete